New projects undergo assessments to ensure they follow Ontario government legislated accessibility guidelines. We work hard to ensure that Prophix Software complies with universally accepted standards such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2) created by the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
Prophix Software’s Multi-year Accessibility Plan/ Policy along with our Accessible Customer Service Plan are available below
Accessibility Policies And Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
This 2014-21 accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Prophix Software Inc. will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. Prophix Software’s Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five (5) years, and as required.
Statement of Commitment
Prophix Software Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”), and the related Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations (the “IASR”) and Ontario Human Rights Code.
Accessible Emergency Information
Prophix Software Inc. is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Prophix Software Inc. will provide training to employees, contractors and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, contractors and other staff members.
Prophix Software Inc. will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws by January 1, 2015:
- Utilize Ontario government training videos and other training materials as needed
- Track new employees’ and current employees’ completion of training through the Learning Management System.
Information and Communications
Prophix Software Inc. is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Prophix Software Inc. will take the following steps to make all new Canadian websites, intranet and content on those sites conform with World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level A by January 1, 2014:
- Utilize an online Web Accessibility tool to determine where modifications are needed on web sites or intranet.
- SharePoint products and technologies include features that make the software easier for more people to use, including people who have low vision, limited dexterity, or other disabilities.
Prophix Software Inc. will take the following steps to make ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015:
- Provide email address for public requests and feedback about Accessibility Policy on web site and notice posted at Reception.
Prophix Software Inc. will take the following steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2015:
- Notice is posted at Reception about Accessibility Policy and Plan being available on request
- Prophix Accessibility Policy and Plan is available in large font as requested.
Prophix Software Inc. is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
a) Recruitmentand Assessment
By January 1, 2016, we will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, Prophix Software Inc. will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- On its Canadian website and on Prophix Software job postings, specify that accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
- Short term accommodation is available as requested by candidates in relation to material and processes used.
- Individual short term and long term accommodation plans are available as requested by employees based on an employee’s disability and on medical advice.
- Notify the successful applicant, when making offers of employment, of its policies for accommodating employees or contractors with disabilities.
b) Informing Employees and Contractors of Support
By January 1, 2016, we will:
- Inform employees and new hires (as soon as practicable) of Prophix Software’s policies to support employees or contractors with disabilities and keep them up to date on changes to these policies.
- Upon request from an employee or contractor with a disability, and with consultation, will provide for suitable accessible formats and communication supports for: information needed by the employee to perform their job, and information that is generally available to employees. Office 365 and Windows provide features that are accessible for people who have special needs or disabilities.
c) Accommodation plans and return-to-work
By January 1, 2016, Prophix Software Inc. will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability:
- At Prophix Software’s request and expense, an employee might be asked to participate in a medical assessment with an outside medical expert, as required to obtain additional information to create an accommodation plan or return-to-work plan.
- Training will be provided with consideration given to the employee’s disability and Doctor-recommended return to work requirements to ensure the employee successfully returns to a position.
d) Performance Management, Career Development, and Redeployment
By January 1, 2016 Prophix will take into account the accessibility needs of employees or contractors with disabilities and individual accommodation plans when utilizing Prophix Software’s performance management processes, considering career development and advancement opportunities and redeployment of its employees with disabilities.
Avison Young (the building management company for the 350 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West office) will meet the Accessibility Standards for Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces include:
- Public eating areas
- Outdoor paths of travel, such as sidewalks, ramps, stairs, and curb ramps
- Accessible parking
- Service-related elements such as waiting areas
For more information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact the Manager, Human Resources at:
- Phone: 905.279.8711 X: 663
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessible Customer Service Plan Providing Goods And Services To People With Disabilities
Prophix is dedicated to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. We are committed to meeting our obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) and the related Accessibility Standard for Customer Service (“Customer Service Standard”). As an organization, we promote and follow the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services. This includes automatic door opener at building entrance, building elevators, Teletypewriter (TTY)/Bell Relay Service, and large print Accessible Customer Service Plan.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are permitted on the parts of our premises that are open to the public including Prophix’s office space on the 9th and 10th floors.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Prophix will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be posted in the Prophix Reception area on the 10th floor.
The building property management company will also post a notice by the elevators on the ground level if there is a disruption in elevator service.
Prophix will provide training to employees and contractors whose duties involve interaction with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the requirements of the Accessibility Customer Service Standard and the Ontario Human Rights Act.
- Prophix’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use equipment or devices, e.g. TTY/Bell Relay Service, that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Prophix’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the Accessible Customer Service Plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Prophix provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail Human Resources at email@example.com. All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the Manager, Human Resources. Customers can expect to receive a response in ten (10) business days.
Notice of Availability
Prophix will notify the public that our Accessible Customer Service Plan is available upon request by posting a notice in the Reception area. The Accessible Customer Service Plan is also available in large print.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Prophix that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.