Key Responsibilities include:
- Clarify test requirements and scope; including, but not limited to, participating in story review meetings
- Accurately estimate work and meet committed deadlines
- Evaluate manual and automated test coverage, report findings, and act to implement improvements/corrections both independently and as part of a team
- Verify resolved issues of new and enhanced functionality; recording verified situations (i.e. test scope) and results in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Log specifics of any Bugs or in-sprint User Story fail cases to be reviewed/addressed by Development such that they're reproducible and can be addressed by Development without needing to seek clarification
- Develop, document and deploy testing techniques and repeatable test situations for new and enhanced application areas throughout their development/product lifecycles. This includes maintaining their related test artifacts, such as expected results with associated test data input (case information/justification, databases, environments, etc.)
- Analyze results to discover and resolve configuration issues and operational flaws in testing techniques, and share this knowledge as presentations with supporting documentation as part of the continuous improvement of our quality assurance efforts
- Provide information in a structured way as part of our ongoing initiative to expand everyone’s product knowledge. This includes notifying your manager of any information requiring written dissemination to other departments (primarily to Customer Support and for the purposes of end user documentation)
- Liaise with Development, Product Management, and Customer Support staff as needed. This includes facilitating test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members
What You Will Bring to Prophix
To shine in this role, you will bring a rare combination of experience and personal qualities
Your Education & Experience
Your Technology Skills
- 3+ years in a similar senior position with experience in web-based applications with hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Experience using Selenium with Serenity BDD library an asset
- Ability to translate documentation/discussions into test situations and see them through to implementation as effective test types, such as automated component & system integration, automated functional UI, and manual cases, required
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with technical staff and understand server-side and client-side logic with the aptitude to determine how best to implement test coverage in all areas
- To apply for this position, type the word grapefruit in your resume
No agencies or phone calls please.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, are absolutely required
- Capable of seeing intricate work through to completion with a high level of quality and automated test coverage
What People Say About Prophix
About working at Prophix…
“ Prophix is amazing. I travel the world, working with a fun team and helping outstanding customers. At Prophix, the opportunities for growth are limitless.” – Diane Martins, CPA, CMA, Regional Account Manager at Prophix
About working with Prophix…
“As a customer, you can tell how an organization is run by how its employees behave. When they’re bright people, who consistently demonstrate commitment to providing great products and service, you know that there is a strong, positive work culture where employees are truly valued. Prophix’s Management has got it right.” – Tim McCarthy, Finance Manager, Feeding America – A Prophix Customer since 2009
About why Prophix is a great place to work…
“We have built a place for talented people to develop their skills and tap into their passions. But, one of the things that makes Prophix unique is that we are always doing something to further enrich the lives of our team. That’s the only way to attract and keep great people." – Paul Barber, CEO of Prophix
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Excellent Base Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Program
- Candidate Referral Bonus Program
- Rewards and Recognition programs including Presidents Club (trip) and numerous departmental awards
- Wide-ranging Health Benefits including: Vision care, EAP, short and long term disability (Canada & USA). Benefits may vary by country.
- Company matched RRSP, 401(k), or UK Pension
- Company-paid fitness club/gym membership
- Training reimbursement and internal training programs to enhance learning opportunities for employees
- Company cell phone or cell reimbursement for designated roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Prophix-sponsored sports teams
- Semi-Annual Town Hall meetings
- Social Committee events
- Departmental and Company Social Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
The above job posting and information was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. Occasionally other job related duties may be assigned.
Prophix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Prophix may request such.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.