What You Will Do at Prophix
If you want to break into software sales, then this role is for you! As a member of our Business Development team, your mandate is to be the front line to the field sales team by following up on inbound leads, update the CRM (Salesforce.com), and provide value, through leads/opportunities, to the direct Sales team. The primary goal of a Sales Associate is to drive qualified prospects to one of two outcomes: An appointment/intro call with field sales, or to attend a live Webinar.
Other key duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead generation, prospecting and inbound follow-up,
- Navigating through various prospecting tools such as Google, LinkedIn, etc.,
- Entering information and activities into Salesforce.com,
- Generating opportunities for the field Sales Reps
- Following up on sales campaigns to generate additional leads,
- Understanding the Corporate Performance Management (CPM) space and speaking intelligently to prospects about Prophix's software solutions,
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with prospects to gain their trust and respect,
- Performing other tasks, as required by management.
What You Will Bring to Prophix
To shine in this role, you will bring a rare combination of experience, technology skills, personal qualities, and education.
Your Technology Skills
- 1-2 years of proven success using inbound and outbound prospecting as your primary success tools would be an asset however, this role is open to driven individuals looking to break into the software sales field
- Experience in Corporate selling (B2B) or high tech solutions is an asset
- Solution or ROI Selling: Strength in using solutions selling tactics
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- CRM experience as a user (Salesforce.com is an asset)
- Your most important asset is your ability to be personable as well as persuasive and to communicate convincingly over the phone,
- Strong telephone sales / cold calling skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill,
- Confidence and ability to interface professionally with a wide spectrum of prospects including senior employees and executives,
- Skilled at overcoming objections, and able to reach decision makers,
- Ability to structure verbal and written communications to strongly influence stakeholders in the education and/or purchasing process,
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills,
- Enjoy the challenge of developing new business,
- RESULTS! Self-motivated and driven with a desire to win.
At the time of application, must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located.
- Academic or practical knowledge of Accounting and/or Financial concepts (i.e. planning, budgeting, forecasting, or consolidation) is preferred
- Completion of post-secondary Business or Finance/Accounting Diploma or Degree
This position is located at PROPHIX's head office in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
If Prophix sounds like a place where you will thrive, send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements, including the name of the related position in the subject line to Jobs@Prophix.com
Please be advised that only those candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Prophix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Prophix may request such.