The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for market and competitive research, positioning and messaging and business growth through the development and execution of go-to-market plans and marketing strategies across key market segments or regions. The Product Marketing Manager partners with the product management team to develop specific goals for marketing plans and then collaborates with functional Marketing teams and Sales on the execution of those plans.
- Define product positioning based on thorough market, competitive and audience analysis,
- Create impactful and concise value-based messaging for products (define key message and benefit statements),
- Work with direct sales and partner teams to attract and educate target segments and drive product adoption,
- Work with Marketing Communications, Content Marketing, Digital and Demand Generation Marketing teams to develop all necessary communications for product/feature launches and thought leadership,
- Lead product/feature launches including messaging, materials, and timelines,
- Create product/feature launch marketing plans, sales enablement via sales training materials & video tutorials, and other product collateral,
- Manage internal and external communication for all new products and features,
- Monitor competitive landscape and presenting actionable information and insights,
- Collaborate across Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams to execute on marketing strategies.
- You have a passion for everything product and market related and get excited about launching and managing products and functionality into the market that can have a positive impact on the business.
- You have a strong understanding and related experience of Product Marketing and can contribute cross functionally from market concept to execution.
- You have a strong commitment to excellence, while continually raising the bar.
- You’re a strategic thinker and problem solver who loves applying Product Marketing best practices to optimize the company’s performance.
- You’re a strong written, verbal and visual communicator. Your detail-oriented approach means you understand the nuances of using specific words to guide the development of compelling marketing assets and are also visually appealing to drive understanding.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, deadline-driven environment. You are comfortable shifting priorities to address changing needs, exhibit grace under pressure, and do whatever it takes to meet critical due dates.
- You are a highly motivated self-starter who works well independently as well as part of a team. You can manage your own projects and deadlines as well as coordinate and collaborate with others across the organization to achieve desired outcomes.
What You Will Bring to Prophix
To shine in this role, you will bring a rare combination of experience, technology skills, personal qualities, and education.
Your Technology Skills
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in product marketing; ideally within B2B in the tech/finance industry or SAAS industry,
- Proven track record in crafting compelling product positioning and messaging in multiple forms of content,
- Strong experience in operating at both a strategic and operational level
- Established experience launching successful products in highly competitive technology markets
- Familiarity with the Pragmatic Marketing Framework
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Strategic thinker who can collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and have the proven ability to influence cross-functional teams,
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence.
- Creative storyteller with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of technology, product development and innovation.
- Organized, ability to multi-task, and a self-starter
- 4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent work experience required,
- MBA Preferred.
- At the time of application, must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located.
- Must be able to travel to the United States, Canada and/or internationally, and have a valid passport.
What People Say About Prophix
About working at Prophix…
“ Prophix is amazing. I travel the world, working with a fun team and helping outstanding customers. At Prophix, the opportunities for growth are limitless.” – Diane Martins, CPA, CMA, Regional Account Manager at Prophix
About working with Prophix…
“As a customer, you can tell how an organization is run by how its employees behave. When they’re bright people, who consistently demonstrate commitment to providing great products and service, you know that there is a strong, positive work culture where employees are truly valued. Prophix’s Management has got it right.” – Tim McCarthy, Finance Manager, Feeding America – A Prophix Customer since 2009
About why Prophix is a great place to work…
“We have built a place for talented people to develop their skills and tap into their passions. But, one of the things that makes Prophix unique is that we are always doing something to further enrich the lives of our team. That’s the only way to attract and keep great people." – Paul Barber, CEO of Prophix
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Excellent Base Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Program
- Candidate Referral Bonus Program
- Rewards and Recognition programs including Presidents Club (trip) and numerous departmental awards
- Wide-ranging Health Benefits including: Vision care, EAP, short and long term disability (Canada & USA). Benefits may vary by country.
- Company matched RRSP, 401(k), or UK Pension
- Company-paid fitness club/gym membership
- Training reimbursement and internal training programs to enhance learning opportunities for employees
- Company cell phone or cell reimbursement for designated roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Prophix-sponsored sports teams
- Semi-Annual Town Hall meetings
- Social Committee events
- Departmental and Company Social Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
The above job posting and information was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. Occasionally other job related duties may be assigned.
Prophix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Prophix may request such.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.