You will tap into your well-honed skills in product management to lead the following activities:
- Conducting research to identify and evaluate evolving market trends, shifting competitive landscape, and emerging technical capabilities from the perspective of product usability and demonstrability and producing market requirement documents (MRD);
- Creating storyboards and use cases through input from key product stakeholders
- Creating buyer and user personas derived from market research;
- Developing product roadmaps to deliver on the corporate business goals;
- Evaluating complimentary products and technologies for 'build vs. buy’ decisions.
- Participating and contributing in product design to help ensure alignment with market and user requirements, consistency of user experience and alignment of product capabilities to address key customer business problems in the markets served by Prophix;
- Monitoring, evaluating, prioritizing, and making recommendations on product backlogs;
- Leading product design session meetings, sprint planning meetings, writing user stories, interviewing customers and partners;
- Planning and driving the execution of cross-departmental plans for product releases;
- Managing and escalating exceptions from agile project teams to appropriate stakeholders;
- Monitoring the progress and delivery of the program of work which contributes to each software release by working closely with product development, QA, and Operations teams.
- Taking on a leadership role with product release readiness efforts before, during, and after launches;
- Liaising with Sales, Development, Marketing, Customer Support, and Professional Services teams to provide thought leadership as a product expert;
- Educating and inspiring external/ internal audiences via the development of new and innovative product collateral and demonstrations of Prophix to effectively highlight product differentiators vs. competitive solutions;
- Reviewing the accuracy of and expanding product documentation
What You Will Bring to Prophix
To shine in this role, you will bring a rare combination of experience, technology skills, personal qualities, and education.
- At least 5+ years product management or product marketing experience in business application software space, with at least 2 years in SaaS product management,
- At the time of application, must be legally entitled to work in the Canada, where the role is located,
- Must be able to travel to the United States and/or internationally, and have a valid passport.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present complex ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences,
- Methodical approach to delivery with attention to detail and ability to keep track of multiple projects concurrently,
- Ability to work independently and assimilate new ideas quickly,
- Understanding of agile product development life-cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Finance.
- At the time of application, must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located.
- Must be able to travel to the United States, within Canada and/or internationally, and have a valid passport.
What People Say About Prophix
About working with Prophix…“As a customer, you can tell how an organization is run by how its employees behave. When they’re bright people, who consistently demonstrate commitment to providing great products and service, you know that there is a strong, positive work culture where employees are truly valued. Prophix’s Management has got it right.” – Tim McCarthy, Finance Manager, Feeding America – A Prophix Customer since 2009
About why Prophix is a great place to work…“We have built a place for talented people to develop their skills and tap into their passions. But, one of the things that makes Prophix unique is that we are always doing something to further enrich the lives of our team. That’s the only way to attract and keep great people." – Paul Barber, CEO of Prophix
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Excellent Base Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Program
- Candidate Referral Bonus Program
- Rewards and Recognition programs including Presidents Club (trip) and numerous departmental awards
- Wide-ranging Health Benefits including: Vision care, EAP, short and long term disability (Canada & USA). Benefits may vary by country.
- Company matched RRSP, 401(k), or UK Pension
- Company-paid fitness club/gym membership
- Training reimbursement and internal training programs to enhance learning opportunities for employees
- Company cell phone or cell reimbursement for designated roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Prophix-sponsored sports teams
- Semi-Annual Town Hall meetings
- Social Committee events
- Departmental and Company Social Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
The above job posting and information was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. Occasionally other job related duties may be assigned.
Prophix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Prophix may request such.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.