Prophix is revolutionizing the CPM industry with innovative products and processes, and you would break new ground by applying artificial intelligence in our products and solutions.
Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), you will play an essential role in helping Prophix’s Technology Office bring AI innovation to our product through guidance, influence, design assistance, and research and development.
- Work hands-on with Product Management teams to identify opportunities utilizing AI.
- Work closely with development teams to identify use cases, select a technical approach, define evaluation and test criteria, and refine methods and tools used to build technical solutions.
- Define a strategy and roadmap for ensuring continuous introduction of novel AI-related technologies and help deliver on it by staying abreast of research and technology developments.
- Design and deliver innovative AI solutions to the Prophix CPM solution.
- Identify appropriate models to be used and improve model accuracy in Prophix-specific applications.
- Create new, or modify existing models, in areas that the academic or industry state-of-the-art solution is unable to satisfy the product requirements.
- Scaling of AI models to execute at-edge with potentially reduced power and processing capabilities.
- Responsibility for one or more specialties:
- Predictive failure analysis using time-series data
- Decision-making models and autonomous operation of intelligent devices and appliances on behalf of finance
- Optimizing of choices or behavior given a set of identified constraints
- Participate in the product definition, especially around the aspects of AI, attempting to resolve ambiguity into concrete technical proposals.
What you will bring to Prophix:
- D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience with a demonstrated track record of research and hands-on development in AI or related fields spanning 10+ years
- Demonstrated ability to bring out the best in R&D teams
- Strong leadership skills and effective collaboration abilities
- Effective communication skills with small teams and working with large groups
- Ability to participate in a highly collaborative environment
- Deep experience with one or more frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe2, Keras, Numpy, Torch, and Theanu
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies to speed AI and ML development, including technologies like EC2 and the AWS ML suite of tools
- Desirable to have experience deploying production-grade solutions on both public cloud and on-premise platforms
What People Say About Prophix
About working with Prophix…“As a customer, you can tell how an organization is run by how its employees behave. When they’re bright people, who consistently demonstrate commitment to providing great products and service, you know that there is a strong, positive work culture where employees are truly valued. Prophix’s Management has got it right.” – Tim McCarthy, Finance Manager, Feeding America – A Prophix Customer since 2009
About why Prophix is a great place to work…“We have built a place for talented people to develop their skills and tap into their passions. But, one of the things that makes Prophix unique is that we are always doing something to further enrich the lives of our team. That’s the only way to attract and keep great people." – Paul Barber, CEO of Prophix
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Excellent Base Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Program
- Candidate Referral Bonus Program
- Rewards and Recognition programs including Presidents Club (trip) and numerous departmental awards
- Wide-ranging Health Benefits including: Vision care, EAP, short and long term disability (Canada & USA). Benefits may vary by country.
- Company matched RRSP, 401(k), or UK Pension
- Company-paid fitness club/gym membership
- Training reimbursement and internal training programs to enhance learning opportunities for employees
- Company cell phone or cell reimbursement for designated roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Prophix-sponsored sports teams
- Semi-Annual Town Hall meetings
- Social Committee events
- Departmental and Company Social Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
The above job posting and information was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. Occasionally other job related duties may be assigned.
Prophix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Prophix may request such.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.