Key Responsibilities include:
- Sell CPM software application and related services in a defined territory,
- Complete the entire sale cycle from lead identification to closure,
- Work effectively with pre-sales resources, the Profesional Services organization and Sales Management as necessary during sales cycles,
- Work effectively with Sales Operations to maximize market penetration and lead flow,
- Generate and qualify sales opportunities by following up on inbound warm leads, cold calling, leveraging existing business contacts, entering vendor selection competitions, or by other means,
- Understand the functions and features of our product and be able to articulate our key differentiators over our competition,
- Understand and keep up-to-date with competitive products and technology,
- Build and maintain strong client relationships,
- Effectively manage a sales territory
What You Will Bring to Prophix
Your Technology Skills:
- 0-3 years field sales experience including software sales specifically in Business Intelligence, Corporate Performance Management (CPM) and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) OR 3+ years of strong knowledge of the CPM industry and a strong desire to move into a sales role
- Proven track record of excelling in competition to exceed your objectives,
- A history of successful activity-based, conceptual telephone selling and experience with territory/account development would be assets
- Understand technology and capable of using Microsoft Office proficiently
- In depth understanding of Excel is definitely an asset
- The ability to talk on the phone while typing detailed notes is definitely an asset
- Understanding of database technology is an asset
- Salesforce.com experience would be nice to have
- A true entrepreneurial, competitive spirit who is ready to perform the activities necessary to be successful. Results oriented, self-motivated and driven with a need to win,
- Demonstrated levels of a high degree of intelligence, the ability to react to situations on the fly , and the ability to learn quickly,
- Personable but persuasive; able to communicate convincingly over the phone,
- Confidence and the ability to interface consultatively with a wide spectrum of customers including senior employees/executives,
- Capable of understanding many different types of businesses and able to adapt questions and conversations accordingly,
- Naturally able to overcome objections,
- Ability to make persuasive presentations and listen actively,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Detail oriented with good problem solving skills,
- Enjoys the challenge of developing new business,
- Outstanding customer service skills,
- Creative thinker
- University degree preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting and/or Financial concepts (either academic or practical) is a must.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
- At the time of application, must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located
- Must be able to travel to the United States, within Canada and/or internationally, and have a valid passport
- This position is based in the Mississauga Office and the ability to work from the office is a requirement for the job
The above job posting and information was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. Occasionally other job related duties may be assigned.
Prophix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Prophix may request such.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.