What You Will Do at Prophix
What You Will Bring to Prophix
- Assist the sales team to ensure sales orders are completed accurately and processed in a timely manner.
- Research technical accounting issues and implement changes to our processes as needed.
- Communicate sales announcements and new customer welcomes.
- Setup and maintain customer accounts in the ERP.
- Process and invoice sales in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments on billings issues.
- Learn company revenue streams and maintain compliance with published price lists.
- Complete various ad-hoc projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To shine in this role, you will bring a rare combination of experience, technology skills, personal qualities, and education.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- CPA Designation or active current enrollment toward accreditation would be an asset.
Your Technology Skills
- Minimum 3 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a small to medium sized software/services environment.
- Strong computer literacy with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge and experience of ERP systems is an asset.
- CPM experience is preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management.
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focused.
- Ability to identify and execute operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives to improve resource optimization.
- Strong organizational ability is required as the candidate will be required to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be able to work additional hours during peak periods to meet tight deadlines.
This position is located at our head office in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. At the time of application, must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located. Please be advised that only those candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Prophix will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.