Your Technology Skills
- Navigating through various prospecting tools such as, LinkedIn, etc.
- Entering information and activities into Salesforce.com.
- Generating Qualified Sales Opportunities for the field Sales Reps.
- Running sales campaigns in conjunction with sales management to generate more leads.
- Understanding the Corporate Performance Management (CPM) space and talk to prospects intelligently about Prophix’s software solutions.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers to gain their trust and respect.
- Occasionally travelling to marketing tradeshows.
- Performing other tasks as required to work towards higher success.
- Receiving full training on Prophix software.
- Proficiency and/or experience with a CRM as a user (Salesforce.com is an asset).
- Skilled at using MS Office Suite programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong telephone skills, outstanding customer service skills and a fast learner.
- Build confidence and ability to interface professionally with a wide spectrum of customers including senior employees and executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and driven with a desire to win.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Skilled at overcoming objections and as a result able to reach decision makers.
- Enhanced ability to structure verbal and written communications to strongly influence stakeholders in the education and/or purchasing process.
- Your most important asset is your ability to be personable as well as persuasive, and to communicate convincingly over the phone.
- Completion of post-secondary Business or Finance/Accounting Diploma or Degree is a significant bonus
What People Say About Prophix
About working with Prophix…
“As a customer, you can tell how an organization is run by how its employees behave. When they’re bright people, who consistently demonstrate commitment to providing great products and service, you know that there is a strong, positive work culture where employees are truly valued. Prophix’s Management has got it right.” – Tim McCarthy, Finance Manager, Feeding America – A Prophix Customer since 2009
About why Prophix is a great place to work…
“We have built a place for talented people to develop their skills and tap into their passions. But, one of the things that makes Prophix unique is that we are always doing something to further enrich the lives of our team. That’s the only way to attract and keep great people." – Paul Barber, CEO of Prophix
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Excellent Base Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Program
- Candidate Referral Bonus Program
- Rewards and Recognition programs including Presidents Club (trip) and numerous departmental awards
- Wide-ranging Health Benefits including: Vision care, EAP, short and long term disability (Canada & USA). Benefits may vary by country.
- Company matched RRSP, 401(k), or UK Pension
- Company-paid fitness club/gym membership
- Training reimbursement and internal training programs to enhance learning opportunities for employees
- Company cell phone or cell reimbursement for designated roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Prophix-sponsored sports teams
- Semi-Annual Town Hall meetings
- Social Committee events
- Departmental and Company Social Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
The above job posting and information was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. Occasionally other job related duties may be assigned.
Prophix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Prophix may request such.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.