What You Will Do at Prophix
- Contract negotiation including;
- Review and evaluation of all customer proposed terms and conditions
- On nonstandard contracts, providing recommendations and negotiating directly with customer attorneys or procurement staff until consensus has been reached
- Drafting contractual clauses to reflect such consensus
- Serving as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters. Acting as contractual intermediary between customers and Prophix, ensuring timely review and approval/reconciliation of variations
What You Will Bring to Prophix
- Internal legal support, including;
- Contributing to establishment and maintenance of company contract policies,
- Developing and implementing procedures for contract management and administration.
- Maintenance of contractual records and documentation such as workflow of all contract correspondence, customer/partner contact information, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all contracts,
- Guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including supporting the training of new managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures,
- Working with Finance to coordinate contractual insurance requirements and adherence to broader finance requirements
To shine in this role, you will bring a rare combination of experience, technology skills, personal qualities, and education.
Your Education & Experience
Your Technology Skills
- Post-Secondary Degree with 5 to 7 years’ experience in the procurement/contract field; preferably in the software or high-tech sector
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract law
Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, DocuSign and Adobe Acrobat
This is a fixed-term role, up to 1 year, with possibility of extension. This role also has the potential to become a permanent.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, be very detail oriented, have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills are critical for negotiating agreements with clients and partners.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and establish and maintain working relationships with Prophix personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position is located at Prophix’s head office in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. At the time of application, must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located.
Must be able to travel to the United States, Canada and/or internationally, and have a valid passport.
Please be advised that only those candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Prophix will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.