The successful candidate will join a high-growth team, and will be responsible for achieving the new partner recruitment and growth targets within the defined territory. Primary responsibility is to ensure the right partners are recruited and on-boarded successfully, including preliminary enablement. Focus remains primarily on new partners, and maximizing the productivity of new partners by continuously motivating and guiding them through necessary onboarding stages. Working closely with the Channels team, the successful candidate will ensure new partners are educated and knowledgeable on all aspects of selling and implementing Prophix Software.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Effectively grow and manage a channel sales territory including preparation and execution of channel recruitment plan that supports the corporate over-arching channels strategy,
- Recruitment and initial onboarding of Prophix North American Partners, targeting organizations that meet the criteria for becoming a Prophix channel partner,
- Target new partners and articulate the business value/ benefits of our partner,
- Attract, negotiate and sign new reseller, referral, alliance, and ISV (independent software vendor) partners,
- Work collaboratively with new partners during their onboarding process, develop and execute business strategies and plans to support growth. Supporting activities include business development for key accounts, product demonstration, sales support activities, joint marketing initiatives, and training/certification recommendations, corporate updates etc,
- Work closely with the Partner Enablement team to optimize onboarding, training and support offerings for new partners,
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Prophix management on market conditions and partner requirements. Keep abreast of competition and their partner offerings to ensure we remain competitive within our community,
- Provide accurate biweekly reporting of partner prospect pipeline and forecasts. Maintain accurate records for all partner prospects in SalesForce.com.,
- Ensuring all partners are following approved partner processes and meeting monthly partnership onboarding expectations.
What You Will Bring to Prophix
Your Skills and Experience:
Your Technology Skills:
- An established track record with a minimum of 2 years working in Channel sales within the technology industry,
- Proven track record of effectively recruiting and onboarding partners within a technology company. The ability to inspire, and motivate partners,
- Ability to build and maintain strong partner relationships,
- Creative thinker and active listener with excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills coupled with problem solving & organization skills,
- Ability to produce high quality results working self-sufficiently and independently within a region,
- Results oriented, self-motivated, driven, with a strong desire to win,
- Excellent business acumen,
- Technical acumen is a plus,
- Ability to use SalesForce.com, and Microsoft Office proficiently.
- Collaborative in nature. A team player with ability to rapidly adapt to changing environments,
- Ability to be personable but persuasive and to communicate convincingly to both remote and in person audience,
- Enjoy the challenge of developing new business and the ability to effectively grow and manage a sales territory,
- Capable of navigating complex organization charts and selling at multiple levels of a complex organization (both technical and operational),
- Capable of consultative selling.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred,
- Knowledge of Corporate Performance Management, accounting and/or financial concepts (either academic or practical) is a must.
- At the time of application, must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located.
- Must be able to travel to the United States, within Canada and/or internationally, and have a valid passport.
What People Say About Prophix
About working with Prophix…“As a customer, you can tell how an organization is run by how its employees behave. When they’re bright people, who consistently demonstrate commitment to providing great products and service, you know that there is a strong, positive work culture where employees are truly valued. Prophix’s Management has got it right.” – Tim McCarthy, Finance Manager, Feeding America – A Prophix Customer since 2009
About why Prophix is a great place to work…“We have built a place for talented people to develop their skills and tap into their passions. But, one of the things that makes Prophix unique is that we are always doing something to further enrich the lives of our team. That’s the only way to attract and keep great people." – Paul Barber, CEO of Prophix
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Excellent Base Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Program
- Candidate Referral Bonus Program
- Rewards and Recognition programs including Presidents Club (trip) and numerous departmental awards
- Wide-ranging Health Benefits including: Vision care, EAP, short and long term disability (Canada & USA). Benefits may vary by country.
- Company matched RRSP, 401(k), or UK Pension
- Company-paid fitness club/gym membership
- Training reimbursement and internal training programs to enhance learning opportunities for employees
- Company cell phone or cell reimbursement for designated roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Prophix-sponsored sports teams
- Semi-Annual Town Hall meetings
- Social Committee events
- Departmental and Company Social Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
The above job posting and information was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. Occasionally other job related duties may be assigned.
Prophix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Prophix may request such.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.