Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Support activities:
2. Customer Management
- Provide technical, product expertise and guidance to PROPHIX Customers, partners and internal staff for technical issues that are within scope as described in the Maintenance Service Policy
- Resolve customers' technical and product related issues within service levels, and in accordance with the Maintenance Service Policy
- Work independently and proactively to manage customer issues and to ensure a positive customer experience
- Manage issue escalation and resource scheduling
3. Diagnostic and Problem Solving Skills
- Maintain customer communication while issues are open, regardless of issue escalation
- Manage customer expectations regarding issue priority, resolution time and workaround acceptance
- Proactively communicate with customers to ensure a positive customer experience
4. Internal Documentation
- Conduct detailed technical diagnostics of customer issues
- Leveraging internal knowledgebase, technical resources and supporting staff resolve or escalate customer issues
- Accurately document all customer interactions related to a customer issue in the issue tracking software for knowledge transfer and future use
1. Remote Services
- Work closely with the Controller to ensure a smooth and timely month end and year end audit.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close for all Prophix entities.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities. Member of annual plan and mid-year reforecast team.
- Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Handles personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Reporting directly to Manager, Customer Support
- Must have strong problem solving skills to diagnose and logically resolve customer problems using experience, good judgment, and acquired knowledge of PROPHIX Software
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize workload
- Must be able to work independently and with other members of a team
- Willingness to take on non-routine special assignments
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be able to travel to the United States
- Must have at least 2-3 years application support work experience
- Must have understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience with virtualization VMware, Hyper-V) technology is an asset
- Experience with remote assistance technology is an asset
- Working knowledge of accounting or financial applications is an asset
What People Say About Prophix
About working at Prophix…“ Prophix is amazing. I travel the world, working with a fun team and helping outstanding customers. At Prophix, the opportunities for growth are limitless.” – Diane Martins, CPA, CMA, Regional Account Manager at Prophix
About working with Prophix…“As a customer, you can tell how an organization is run by how its employees behave. When they’re bright people, who consistently demonstrate commitment to providing great products and service, you know that there is a strong, positive work culture where employees are truly valued. Prophix’s Management has got it right.” – Tim McCarthy, Finance Manager, Feeding America – A Prophix Customer since 2009
About why Prophix is a great place to work…“We have built a place for talented people to develop their skills and tap into their passions. But, one of the things that makes Prophix unique is that we are always doing something to further enrich the lives of our team. That’s the only way to attract and keep great people." – Paul Barber, CEO of Prophix
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Excellent Base Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Program
- Candidate Referral Bonus Program
- Rewards and Recognition programs including Presidents Club (trip) and numerous departmental awards
- Wide-ranging Health Benefits including: Vision care, EAP, short and long term disability (Canada & USA). Benefits may vary by country.
- Company matched RRSP, 401(k), or UK Pension
- Company-paid fitness club/gym membership
- Training reimbursement and internal training programs to enhance learning opportunities for employees
- Company cell phone or cell reimbursement for designated roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Prophix-sponsored sports teams
- Semi-Annual Town Hall meetings
- Social Committee events
- Departmental and Company Social Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
The above job posting and information was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. Occasionally other job related duties may be assigned.
Prophix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Prophix may request such.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.