Prophix EDGE Methodology
The Prophix EDGE Methodology encompasses a step-by-step process designed to understand the unique business requirements of each client, develop a tailored solution that addresses those business needs, and continue educating and supporting the client after the implementation. Through Envisioning, Designing, Guiding and Educating, our formalized methodology is structured on a trellis of collaborative project management principles. These principles are designed to control the elements of planning, coordination and communication - arguably the most important factors to project success. Our dedicated project managers translate these project management techniques, industry best practices and the experience of over 1000 implementations into carefully constructed projects that allow our clients to fully realize their return on investment.
Given the breadth of our implementation experience, we have found that this process decreases the learning curve and deployment time, while providing valuable functionality that business professionals can use every day to be more effective in their jobs. The benefit is a workforce that can be more proactive and make decisions based upon fact rather than intuition. As a result, organizations can meet the challenge of a competitive market and stay ahead of their competitors.
Envision - Discovery and Conceptualization
- Needs Analysis - In order to truly assist your organization, the Prophix team works to understand your unique business needs. In this stage, the Prophix Project Manager matches your key issues to Prophix functionality to determine what implementation method best suits your business.
- Implementation Scope - Using the business issues raised by the client, Prophix works in a collaborative fashion to determine the timeline of the engagement. A product of the project management process, the project scope outlines items that will be addressed and those that are beyond the reach of the project. This step results in the creation of milestones and task lists with respective completion criteria. Identifying sources of uncertainty helps to lessen any negative impact on the timeline and also forms the basis for developing contingencies. An examination of these possibilities is just part of the due diligence we conduct so that Prophix clients can receive a developed schedule indicating when they will be receiving key deliverables.
- Prioritization of Tasks and Schedule - Prophix understands that organizations have different goals and timelines and therefore aims to achieve your goals in a timely fashion. Though the project manager a detailed project plan is formulated, allowing us to determine if there are any issues prior to implementing a project and whether critical deliverables need additional assessment.
- Project Plan - Widely recognized as one of the most critical aspects of the project, its importance cannot be understated. It is said that "a well-planned project is half-finished" and significant amount of time and resources can be saved by developing a proper plan and making it dynamic, flexible and open to input from individuals at all levels.
- Shared Implementation Vision - Stemming from the project plan a project charter is developed. The project manager produces this document to provide a framework outlining everything from project objectives, areas of responsibility and communications. The ultimate goals are transparency and awareness, so that all members involved have a complete understanding of the project. Creating a shared vision of what the client hopes to achieve during the implementation is what differentiates Prophix as more than a software provider-we are business solution providers.
- Prophix Implementation Roles - During the implementation process, different tasks require different skills and expertise to complete a project. Prophix has worked to segment these different roles so that we can function as an efficient functional team. Prophix recognizes that every project's complexity is different. In some instances, one person may play one or many roles in the process depending upon the complexity of the project.
Design - Creating the Solution
- Resource and Responsibility Allocation - Formally recognizing all individuals affected by the project through a stakeholder analysis helps to identify further needs and considerations. Through our experience, we have recognized that an awareness of individuals beyond simply the immediate project team, helps to uncover hidden resources and constraints that may impact the project. Furthermore, assigning a champion within an organization is very important to the process. The internal point person is responsible for the knowledge transfer and helps drive and mould the process.
- Analyzing and Defining Model Logic - Both the project manager and consultant leverage their industry experience to work towards understanding your organization's processes so that our solution is tailored specifically to how you operate. Commonalities and scalability are applied through the architecture to achieve efficiencies in the overall business process.
- Defining Account and Organization Structures - Prophix works to map your General Ledger (GL) and organization structures. This hierarchy is used to help define security and determine how the client chooses to organize their information. Additionally, the visualization of the structures through the hierarchies provides powerful new relationships between the data elements.
- Building Beyond Just a Financial Package - Prophix allows you to extend the functionality beyond the finance department. Prophix can provide a world of functionality to every part of your organization. Going well beyond typical financial applications, Prophix can provide a world of business functionality and expertise for all lines of business.
- Faster Data Loading - Prophix is unique as it uses key tools such as data connectors and ODBC connections to quickly extract data. This drastically reduces consulting engagements and ensures that customers receive a high ROI and value for their investment.
Guide - Navigating the Path to Success
- Monitoring and Improving - Through reporting, discussions and observation, the progress of the project is tracked and compared to milestone schedules. This step serves as a diagnostic to isolate areas requiring attention or re-evaluation and can act as an "early warning system." Striving to enhance the project within the implementation is a tactical application of continuous improvement (CIM) methodologies. Our experience in rapidly-paced environments has transformed into abilities that capitalize on process improvement dynamically.
- Forming a Collaborative Bridge Between Software and Finance - Organizations have a wealth of information that is seldom used effectively. Prophix breaks down this barrier and helps create a collaborative bridge that allows this data to be used effectively.
- Organizational Best Practices - Prophix works with your organization to determine the best practices of your organization. Whether it be budgeting or reporting, our consultants have a wealth of expertise in implementing best practices within an organization.
- Optimal Model Structures - Prophix creates business models that help you model and analyze your business. By analyzing key business requirements, Prophix can create models that mirror the way your business operates.
- Business Process Improvement - Newly-visible relationships provide insights into the General Ledger and often expose areas of improvement. The consultant and project manager can advise on how to address these areas by leveraging the initial software investment to enhance or re-engineer existing systems when required.
- Using Prophix as a Process Management Hub - Prophix helps you create an information platform for sharing data with multiple systems. Prophix allows you to manage data, key processes, and calculations within one secure system.
- Automating Processes to Increase Time for Analysis - Using tools such as Process Manager and Workflow Manager, Prophix can automate business processes and alleviate redundant and time-consuming tasks.
Educate - Continual Knowledge Transfer
- Applying and Understanding the Prophix Model - Managing the final delivery and knowledge-transfer of the project ensures that our clients are fully capable of leveraging the new capabilities of the process and the product to the fullest. One of the most important principles of our implementation is knowledge transfer and the experience and training our clients gain throughout the project ultimately culminates into complete ownership at the close. Additionally, Prophix supports a number of education options, both during and after the initial implementation.
- Review and Evaluation - Assessing project successes and lessons-learned is the basis for long term strategic improvements. This analysis serves as a benefit not only for advancements in the Prophix implementation, but also for additional projects that our clients undertake.
- Interactive Training - We employ a "train-the-trainer" mentality at Prophix. We want you to be experts on your own system so you can manage growth as your organization grows and changes.
- Specialized End-User Training - You can expect hands-on training that applies to your organization. This ensures a higher degree of adoption within your organization and allows you to apply what you have learned to your business models.
- Process Documentation - In today's corporate compliance-driven market, documentation is an important part of the process. During the implementation, Prophix documents key processes for reference by internal and external stakeholders such as auditors.
- Continued Support - Prophix provides continued support through both Prophix Professional Services and Prophix Support. Supporting our clients after the initial implementation is essential; we are ready to assist your organization as your needs and requirements change.
- Prophix Community - With over 1000 customers, Prophix knows that support is important; with that in mind, we offer an online community where customers, consultants and partners can interact and share information. Using this collaborative environment, people can share their experience with the entire community and apply it in their own organization. Prophix helps you stay ahead of the curve by providing the latest tips and suggestions to improve their implementation.