Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the highest level of uptime and Quality of Service (QoS) for our cloud customers through operational excellence.
- Monitoring and maintaining the global production cloud and UAT environments including:
- Performing updates for all product releases
- Deploying scheduled and emergency patches
- Ensuring all environments are appropriately monitored 24/7, 365 days
- Proactively maintaining the overall health of all environments
- Responding to system outages according to standard operating procedures
- Act as an escalation point for production cloud issues during shift or as required.
- Creating and updating runbooks as required to support production and development environments using automation scripts, third-party tools, utilities, and/or custom code.
- Collaborating within the Prophix Cloud Operations team to develop, implement, and monitor the incident response functions with respect to security, confidentiality, availability, and processing integrity.
- Observing proper change management processes and procedures.
- Executing and testing disaster recovery procedures for deployed applications in accordance to established standards.
- Familiarity with implementing technical solutions to meet compliance requirements outlined in SOC2, ISAE 3402, and ISO 27001.
What You Will Bring to Prophix
Your Technology Skills:
- 3+ years IT infrastructure experience with at least 2 year in cloud operations role.
- Hands-on experience with multiple, diverse technologies, and processing environments (including but not limited to system and network administration, Amazon AWS (EC2, ELB, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, Config, SES, S3, VPC, RDS), Ansible, remote troubleshooting, Microsoft PowerShell scripting).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows infrastructure security hardening.
- Strong understanding of installation, configuration, and maintenance of operating systems, application software, cloud environments, networking, virtualization technologies (compute, storage, and networking), disaster recovery solutions.
- Knowledge of the following would be useful:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Data integration tools between cloud and on-premise systems (i.e. SnapLogic, Dell Boomi, Informatica)
- TrendMicro Deep Security
- Willingness to take on standby duties and shift work as required.
- Team player mentality with strong attention to details.
- Excellent written and spoken command of the English language.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems, or related experience.
- At the time of application, must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located.
- Must be able to travel to the United States, Canada and/or internationally, and have a valid passport.
What People Say About Prophix
About working at Prophix…“ Prophix is amazing. I travel the world, working with a fun team and helping outstanding customers. At Prophix, the opportunities for growth are limitless.” – Diane Martins, CPA, CMA, Regional Account Manager at Prophix
About working with Prophix…“As a customer, you can tell how an organization is run by how its employees behave. When they’re bright people, who consistently demonstrate commitment to providing great products and service, you know that there is a strong, positive work culture where employees are truly valued. Prophix’s Management has got it right.” – Tim McCarthy, Finance Manager, Feeding America – A Prophix Customer since 2009
About why Prophix is a great place to work…“We have built a place for talented people to develop their skills and tap into their passions. But, one of the things that makes Prophix unique is that we are always doing something to further enrich the lives of our team. That’s the only way to attract and keep great people." – Paul Barber, CEO of Prophix
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Excellent Base Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Program
- Candidate Referral Bonus Program
- Rewards and Recognition programs including Presidents Club (trip) and numerous departmental awards
- Wide-ranging Health Benefits including: Vision care, EAP, short and long term disability (Canada & USA). Benefits may vary by country.
- Company matched RRSP, 401(k), or UK Pension
- Company-paid fitness club/gym membership
- Training reimbursement and internal training programs to enhance learning opportunities for employees
- Company cell phone or cell reimbursement for designated roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee
- Prophix-sponsored sports teams
- Semi-Annual Town Hall meetings
- Social Committee events
- Departmental and Company Social Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via plane within Canada and the United States, operate a motor vehicle (with a valid driver’s license), operate a personal computer, visually inspect forms, conduct oral communication via telephone and in person, retrieve and return files in storage cabinets, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily.
The above job posting and information was written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. Occasionally other job related duties may be assigned.
Prophix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Prophix may request such.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.